header picture

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hop On the Weight Loss Train – Yes/No?


Did you make a New Year’s resolution to lose some weight?
How about to work out more this year?
Eat healthier food?

Devour more lettuce? Kale?
Stop drinking soda? Skip dessert now and then?

You didn’t? Really??? Then you are probably enjoying my Cognac-Soaked Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake right now, don’t you? Do you feel drunk?

I haven’t officially decided to start a diet. But I am kinda, wanna, lose some pounds this year. I am slowly digesting this new concept. I think – OK, it’s time. Maybe? At my age (well, I’m not THAT old), after 2 pregnancies, with cooking great food frequently and baking a cake every weekend I earned those extra pounds. Or was it moving to the suburbs, walking much less and driving much more that did the trick?

Who or what can I blame this on?

I used to be a skinny kid because I just didn’t like to eat. Or maybe I didn’t like what I did eat? Whatever. (In the picture above I am actually eating something).

Apparently I was a skinny little newborn baby too. My mom says that my grandma cried when she first saw me. She thought I looked like a quarter of a chicken and that I will not survive. How funny is that?
This is no longer the case.
Yes, I want to lose weight this year. But what am I willing or planning to do? I don’t know yet.

My current thoughts:

1. Should I post about diet and weight loss here at 1f.f.f or in a separate blog? Because I already have a second blog (did you know?), it’s called “Good Food & bad Food” – the things you don’t want to know about your food and it takes a lot of work to keep and promote a blog/s.

2. Are you interested to hear about this at all?

3. Would you like to join me in the journey?

6 comments:

Chef E said...

I am walking right beside you!

Kiezie said...

I will support you and join you!

Kiezie said...

Your blog is Family Friendly Food, thus healthy family food, thus heating healthy to lose weight or just be healthier is a natural addition, no? :)

Nurit "1 family. friendly. food." said...

Thank you for your support, Chef E and Chef Bliss!

Cakespy said...

I think it is a natural progression for the site...but please, throw us a cake every now and again! :-) You can't diet ALL the time. :-)

Nurit "1 family. friendly. food." said...

Oh, I will, I will. Don't you worry about the cake, Cakespy! there will ALWAYS be a cake for the weekend!!! and I will eat it too!